Canuck Amusements Blog
Party Theme Ideas for Your Event
There are plenty of good reasons to throw a party, including just because it’s Tuesday. You can throw a party– and even create engaging party themes – that work for any occasion. Whether you’re hosting a small party for the family or a no-holds-barred party for friends, themed party supplies, decorations, gifts, and novelty accessories can help you celebrate in a way that gets everyone in the party spirit.
- Back to Prom with a retro theme party, fancy dress is entirely optional.
- 1980s Dance Party with leg warmers and dancing to Madonna all night.
- Champagne and Dessert party with bubbly and mini cupcakes.
- Mexican Fiesta with Mariachi music and a do-it-yourself Margarita bar.
- Princess Party, just ask your guests to dress up and supply everyone with tiaras.
- DIY Spa Party, hire a manicurist and prepare some do-it-yourself face masks for guests.
- 1920s Speakeasy or Great Gatsby themed parties are always a hit, with 1920s-inspired attire, and retro cocktails inspired by The Golden Era of Hollywood.
- Farm-To-Table Dinner, get inspired by the latest culinary trend and create a dinner with only locally sourced ingredients to impress your guests.
- Toga parties are a classic favorite for many reasons – who can forget the 1978 classic National Lampoon’s Animal House.
- Picnic Party, enjoy Calgary’s summer with a picnic blanket in your backyard and serve picnic foods like a charcuterie plate.
A party without a good theme isn’t really a party—it’s really just a group of people all gathered in a room together. When it comes to themed parties, there’s something for everyone, and for every occasion too from birthdays, to bridal showers and weddings, graduations, anniversaries, and even reconnecting with old friends